Sunday 9 December 2012

The Matter of a Camera // Guest post by Gemma

Today I'd like to introduce a very amazing blogger, who will be guest posting.  She is super duper talented in practically everything, and she wrote this fantastic post just for you guys. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Gemma!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi folks, I am gemma from submarines and sewing machines. And I'm going to tell you something about the differences between cameras, but first I'll introduce myself. I'm 16 years old and live in the Netherlands. I am a photographer crafter and blogger

so the matter of camera,

I started photographing with a point and shoot, half a year ago I bought my own DSLR and I love it, even though It has some disadvantages too.
Its really big par example. This is the ting where I'm going to tell you about, the pros and cons on DSLR, point and shoot and your phone's camera.

DSLR
pro:
your photos are sharp and high quality
it's expandable, I mean that you can buy gadgets like filters or other lenses
many possibility's, like shutter speed control
con:
its big, expensive, and you  can't easily take it with you

point and shoot
Pro
quite sharp photos,
small, it fits in your pocket.
Con
it's not expandable and still a bit prisy


Phone
pro
always with you, and photo edit applications, like instagram or pixlr-o-matic
con
many unsharp photos or general bad quality



* for the photos I used a sony alpha 300 DSLR camra, a Canon ixus 230 HS point and shoot and a LG GD510 phone




I am not trying to say it's impossible to take great pictures with your phone. there are many great pictures taken with cellphones, you can see them at instragram or other sites. Here is an example of nice pictures I made with my point and shoot.


an other advantage that you have with compact cameras (a.k.a. point and shoot) is that you can come really close to your subject, like a few millimeters. To get the same shot with a dslr (digital single lens reflex camera) you'll have to zoom in, because you can only focus at a distance of 30 centimeters (distance difference per lens). Dslr's have a great background blur, when with you phone or point and shoot the background is still a bit sharp.



well I can talk a lot more about photograpy but I'll leave it to this for today, I hope you learned something from it. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thank you so much Gemma! If anyone else would be interested in guest posting just visit the "guest posting" section at the top of this page. Hope you all enjoyed!

~Emma-lee

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this couldn't have come at any better timing :D
    It's exactly the information I was looking for! Thank you so much for sharing. :)
    At current I also just take pictures with my HTC Desire S for my blog, www.thecreativemuslimah.blogspot.com, and you can get some really good pictures with the phone camera, but DSLR's are just much better :D

    ReplyDelete