Wednesday 13 February 2013

Lent

That's what today is. Lent. If you don't know what that is, this post pretty much sums it up.

(and if you don't have time to click on that link, here's a very quick description)

Basically, it's a 40 day time period when a lot of people (Christians) choose to fast from something, so they can focus on praying etc. I also believe it's a way to help us remember all the sacrifices Jesus gave for us. Last year I gave up bread, and peanut butter. It was pretty hard, but those were two things that I LOVED. And so from today, until Easter Sunday, I'm giving up Wheat. Yup, wheat. It's going to be difficult (especially when your mother makes your favourite foods on the first day), but I'm going to try.

So, wish me luck :) I hope that maybe you will consider doing this, out of respect for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Have a great Wednesday!

~ Emma-lee

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I was considering doing lent this year but I really don't know what to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wheat would be tough. I'm giving up sugar. Well cake, cookies, soda, etc. good luck!

    ReplyDelete